David Hofer, CEO of LIFEtool Computer aided Communication and a Son of deaf Parents, taking care of the development of Softwareprogramms, APPs, Services and Solutions for children with disabilities in Austria and beyond. Proud of being involved in project development and delivering educational services for Teachers, Therapists and Parents not only in Austria but also in Novi Sad, Zagreb, Mostar or Prague.
In this lecture, you will learn how to start with the iPad or the Computer in the field of early intervention for children with disabilities in terms of:
• First experience in working with a switch/a touchscreen
• Fun with playing
• Training of attention and anticipation
• Training of cause and effect
which you can use for
• Early intervention
• visual Training
• Children with physical impairments
• Children with learning disabilities
5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Planning early for AAC with ALS
5:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
AT as a New Quality in Rehabilitation of Traumatic Brain Injury, Strokes, Dementia and other Neurodegenerative Diseases
Kasia has spent last 13 years in a field of assistive technology and AAC. As a SEN teacher and SLP, she was witnessing striking development speed of technology and relatively slower implementation of AT solutions at kindergardens, schools, hospitalas, hospices and rehabilitation centers, with high hopes for seeing the revolution that takes place now. Today, as a founder of Atabi, she is happy to teach about AT over 400 people yearly in Poland and support individuals with complex communication needs by assessing newest technology solutions suitable for them.
In this lecture, you will learn:
• Reasons why and tricks how to advocate for AT to be used by different specialists as a way to support cognitive functioning of children and adults after TBI
• 5 ways of adjusting existing AT solutions to neurorehabilitation segment
• Case Studies:
- Lady Margaret in a world of AT - 90 year old ALS Patient in her way to conquer new technology
- Lady Elizabeth and her recipes for life – 68 year old stroke Patient using communication software
- Andrew, a boy who loves board games – 12 year old child after severe TBI restoring his passion for games thanks to AT
• What to do when we encounter resistance regarding AT
6:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Video Story: AT and Workplace adaptation
AT and Workplace adaptation... (coming soon)
6:45 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Video Story: Glavić Polyclinics
Video Story...(coming soon)